Challenge Week 5: Media and Memories

When I was little I just coldn’t do without my blanket.

It was the softest blanket ever made, one side being of golden silk, the other side of flannel Bob the Builders. Bob the Builder was my favorite tv show when I was young. I had Bob the Builder clothes, cups, and of course blankets!

It had numerous stains from who knows what! It has dirt stains from the park, sticky spots from candy – I doubt there is anything my blanket hasn’t seen.

That’s why I loved my blanket, it provided me security, warmth and love.

Whithout it I just don’t think I could get on by the right way. I would be cranky from lack of sleep and angry, I was just downright unhappy.

By the end of my blankets days it was torn and had a hole or two, but none the less I still loved it. It sits on the top shelf of my closet today and, when I look at it, I’m reeminded of all the good times we shared together.

One thought on “Challenge Week 5: Media and Memories

• Posted on April 22, 2014 at 8:31 pm

” It has dirt stains from the park, sticky spots from candy – I doubt there is anything my blanket hasn’t seen.”

I love this elaboration. It’s vivid, specific enough to see! And it has the feel of a magic three with the skillful way you used a dash to add on that last summary thought.

Well done.

Reply